Cross-institutional Course/Subject Enrolment Scheme for Research Postgraduate Students

To enhance the opportunities for postgraduate students to access to courses and expertise at sister universities in Hong Kong, the eight UGC-funded universities (CityU, CUHK, HKBU, HKIEd, HKU, HKUST, LU and PolyU) have entered into a collaboration scheme of sharing research postgraduate courses of participating universities. Interested students please read the following information carefully and submit applications for course enrolment according to the procedures and deadlines specified by each of the participating universities.

Postgraduate students of research programmes from CityU, HKBU, HKIEd, HKU, HKUST, LU and PolyU who want to enrol in CUHK courses
The first teaching term (2014-15) of CUHK will start on 1 September 2014 and end on 29 November 2014.

  1.   Select CUHK course(s) from the List of Courses offered by CUHK (2014-15, 1st term). Check the teaching timetable for details of date/time/venue. Please note that the date/time/venue may change. If your application is accepted, please check the timetable again before classes commence.
  2.   Download and complete Sections I, II and III of the Application Form for Cross-institutional Course/Subject Enrolment for Research Postgraduate Students and submit it to the responsible office of your home institution by the deadline announced by the office. It should reach the Graduate School of CUHK via your home institution by 22 August 2014. Normally, late applications will not be accepted.
  3.   You will be informed of the application result by 5 September 2014 by e-mail the latest. It is not necessary for you to inquire the application result before 5 September 2014.
  4.   You are only allowed to add/drop any subjects within the first two weeks of commencement of each term i.e. 1-15 September 2014 for 2014-15, 1st term.
  5.   An official letter will be issued to students for identification purposes during class and examination but no student card will be issued. You are requested to use your JULAC library card to access our libraries.

Campus Map Transportation Building code

CUHK postgraduate students of research programmes who want to enrol in courses offered by other participating universities

Application procedures:

  1.   Visit websites of the universities concerned for detailed information:

Institutions Information
available from
City University of Hong Kong 4 August 2014 25 August 2014
Hong Kong Baptist University 1 August 2014 17 September 2014
The Hong Kong Institute of Education 21 July 2014 22 August 2014
The University of Hong Kong 22 July 2014 22 August 2014
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 5 August 2014 25 August 2014
Lingnan University 14 July 2014 25 August 2014 *
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University 4 August 2014 22 August 2014
* The dates are applicable for most courses, with different dates for some courses

  2.   Download and complete Sections I, II, and III of the Application Form for Cross-institutional Course/Subject Enrolment for Research Postgraduate Students
  3.   Download the Approval Form for Cross-institutional Course Enrolment (one form for one university you wish to attend) and complete Sections A and B
  4.   Obtain approval from your Supervisor and Division Head (Section C)
  5.   Submit the application form AND the approval form to the Graduate School Office (Room G01, Academic Building No. 1) at least ONE working day before the deadline set by the university you wish to attend as specified below. Late applications will not be accepted
  6.   The host university will inform you of the application results

Course and unit exemptions:
After completion of the course(s), you will receive an academic report for the course(s) from the university attended. If you wish to apply for course and unit exemption based on the course(s) completed, please pay the prescribed application fee and submit the application form for course and unit exemption together with relevant documents to your Division Head for endorsement, and then to the Graduate School for approval.